January 12, 2024
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Provide robust part/assembly mechanical designs to achieve world-class product.
- Develop detail drawing and specification for products using 3D CAD packages. Product to be electronic devices, beauty, home appliance, accessories, soft goods (leather and fabric related), and/or combinations.
- General robust part and assembly 3D model throughout the product development models and renderings, as well as production level surfaces and features for engineering and tooling.
- Generate fully tolerance 2D drawings for tooling suppliers prior to mass production for products with demanding geometric and cosmetic requirements.
- Collaborate with the internal product development team on material selection, part design and manufacturing feasibility, along with the cosmetic requirements of new parts and tool design.
- Be responsible for complete BOM and CAD database for new projects, ensuring all engineering changes are updated and documented.
- To manage and complete Mechanical Design to achieve the world-class product.
- Work together with the product development team in the design & work with Process Engineer to prepare drawings for prototype and production jigs and fixtures.
- Participate in the product development process by providing in the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis on client specifications & influence client specifications through design recommendations.
- Ability to review/response/approve DFM from tooling makers.
- Help the operation team to fix/debug the product design issue to ensure the production smooth.
- Generate production specification/validation documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
- 8+ years’ experience as mechanical engineer, delivering robust and feasible models featuring challenging tolerance cosmetic requirement.
- Experience in analyzing tolerance stack-up on complex assembly projects.
- Proficiency in 2D/3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks is essential.
- Certain understanding of raw material property.
- Certain understanding of design flow and procedure.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including injection molding, metals fabrication and secondary finishing process.
- Experience in Jig and Fixture design for high volume consumer electronics
- Ability to work in product development team of engineers as well as an ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and creative, analytical and detail orientated work ethic.
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English.