January 12, 2024
Senior Engineering Program Manager
PCH is seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to oversee complex and multi-disciplinary hardware development programs.
This position involves managing cross-functional teams working to develop new consumer, beauty products and soft goods for our clients from concept through production. A Senior EPM ensures project success by scoping, planning, and coordinating project activities, managing the communication of schedules, budget, goals and deliverables to the project team, and maintaining a continuous dialogue with the client throughout the process.
- Lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams in complex product development projects.
- Enable project success by accurately scoping, planning and coordinating all project activities
- Manage and communicate the schedule, budget, project goals and deliverables to your project team
- Motivate and empower your team to meet stated goals and deliverables on schedule.
- Make critical project adjustments as required, while assessing risks and controlling scope
- Cultivate a relationship of trust with the client team via regular and transparent communication of project status, risks and issues
- Deliver high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Be the champion for both your client and your team, recognizing and rewarding success
- Contribute your expertise to our recruiting and hiring processes
- Collaborate with our manufacturing team on bringing a product successfully to market
- Contribute not only to our portfolio of work, but also to our culture of inclusivity, creativity, determination, and fun.
- 8+ years of experience as a hardware project or program manager
- A demonstrated understanding of project management best practices, methodologies, standards and tools
- A degree in an engineering field, or working knowledge of product development principles gained through work experience
- A strong understanding of the product development process, from concept to NPI.
- A track-record of proved leadership in managing cross functional teams in multiple project development disciplines and in understanding the proper way of interacting (mechanical, electrical & embedded firmware engineering, manufacturing, and industrial design preferred)
- A track-record of shipping hardware products (or subsystems) as a lead/senior program manager
- Experience successfully planning scope, schedule and budgets for large-scale projects and executing within those parameters.
- Excellent communication competence with all level of leaders and clients.
- Strong public speaking skills and a will of dare to challenge to colleague as well as clients.
- Intimate understanding of how project delivery requirements, issues, needs, and risk impact the scope, budget and schedule on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience in a consulting environment and/or working with overseas contract manufacturers (strongly preferred).